Saturday, October 19, 2013

Reading


Lately I've been re-reading Celebration of Discipline (Richard J Foster) and Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands (Paul David Tripp). High recommendations for both books.

Two (not really related) thoughts I find refuge in and wanted to share:

The life that is pleasing to God is not a series of religious duties. We have only one thing to do, namely, to experience a life of relationship and intimacy with God. (Foster)

God wants to raise up people filled with hope. True hope is not rooted in my achievements or assets, but in my knowledge that I am a child of the King. He loves me with a love that nothing can take away. He has given me his forgiving and empowering grace. He is daily changing and maturing me. He has promised to give me whatever I need to face what comes my way. And he has promised that I will live with him forever in a place without suffering, sorrow, or sin. This means that in the most difficult moments of my life, nothing truly permanent or valuable is at stake. What I really live for is safe and secure. I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I know that I am in the family of God, eternally loved and cared for by him. That is real hope. (Tripp)

When despair is near, turn and listen, find comfort in the love of the One who is pursuing you every day of your life.





No comments:

Post a Comment