At the church I’ve been part of this summer, our pastor is doing a series on our words.
The first week, as he was teaching on James 3 I was reflecting about the words I say out loud. Definitely there is much room for transformation, especially as I relate to my family. As I was leaving, though, I was prodded to think about other words, the ones I type on email, gchat, facebook, etc. That is so much of my communication yet I rarely think of it as powerful in the way that I think of spoken words as powerful. I often just dash off an email or text in frustration or anger, when in a face to face conversation about the same topic I would weigh and measure my words with care. Oh, I am so guilty of destruction with my electronic communication, and I need God’s help to change.
"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in your sight,
O LORD, my rock and my redeemer."
be acceptable in your sight,
O LORD, my rock and my redeemer."
(Psalm 19:14)
No comments:
Post a Comment