Summer has been so busy and full of new things. Life is good.
In July there was a lovely wedding in Rochester, and an island trip. Also some Boston beach time with visitors. Lots of quality time with close friends.
The first weekend in August, Kara and I moved to a beautiful 3 bedroom apartment with another young woman from church. I helped with the 4/5 year old children at church for the first time (scary step for me!). Avanell visited the city on Wednesday and we had some great conversations at the Public Garden.
Last weekend I had orientation and training at a new nurse assistant job, which I will be starting in September, leaving the lab. On Sunday evening, some friends and I went to a Mennonite service on the Harvard campus. It felt so much like home, except for professors instead of farmers.
I miss farmers and farms and forests and family. Wonderfully though, this weekend I will get to travel home to visit my family in PA! All four daughters will be home at once for the first time in quite a while, I am looking forward to lots and lots of teasing and catching up.
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. (James 1:17)
So thankful for all these recent gifts but even more for the great love of the Giver.
No comments:
Post a Comment