One nice thing about working a 'real job' is that we have company holidays. So, Columbus Day was a day off for me, and I was able to travel to Rochester to see lots of people that I had not seen since May or longer. What fun!
It felt strange being on campus without any responsibility. One highlight was going to InterVarsity Christian Fellowship's large group meeting on Friday night. The topic was based on Spiderman but turned out to be about calling and vocation; quite relevant even though I'm an alumna now and supposed to have figured some of that out. Ha.
Saturday was an eventful day. After a leisurely morning, Linnea and I had lunch with Belinda, a friend who graduated a few years ago and lives in Rochester with her husband and a baby coming soon. It was neat to hear about her life, and encouraging to see what things might be coming for us in the next few years, from someone who is a few steps ahead on the journey.
Then, a handful of people spent the afternoon at Mendon Ponds, a big park blissfully full of trees and water. It was so refreshing to be in a place with no buildings or roads visible, and to catch up a bit with everyone. And, being fall, it was just lovely all around. Some people were smarter than me and took pictures, so here's a couple courtesy of Ryan Wilson.
| "Sit and find peace." I wanted the other side to say, "Go forth and change the world." It did not. |
| See? Trees and water and no buildings. Perfect. |
After that it was off for pumpkin pie and games and lots of laughter in the apartment where I used to live. So many delightful people, all in one room made for a truly happy few hours. Then, Sunday morning was church at Trinity Alliance, another place that was home during college, followed by a leisurely afternoon reminiscing with people who've stuck by me since freshman year. We concluded that we've all grown and changed a good bit in four years, and God has done some amazing things in our lives. Then there was a round of "Good-bye until...we're not sure when," which is always the worst part of a visit to me.
And back I rode to Boston on a Greyhound bus.
No comments:
Post a Comment